The ingredients in Metagenics Laxatone have been traditionally used to:
- Assist in the relief and treatment of constipation.1
- Relieve flatulence and intestinal spasm.2
- Tiered dose for acute and chronic condition
Ingredients: Metagenics Laxatone
|Each capsule contains:
|Extracts equivalent to:
|Zingiber officinale, rhizome dry (Ginger)
|Matricaria chamomilla, flower dry (German chamomile)
|Frangula purshiana, stem bark dry (Cascara/Rhamnus)
|Cinnamomum cassia, stem bark dry (Cinnamon)
|Rheum officinale, root dry (Rhubarb)
Free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Clinical Benefits: Metagenics Laxatone
- Assist in the relief and treatment of constipation: Frangula purshiana is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to treat constipation and regulate bowel movements. At a lower dose of 1 capsule a day, Frangula purshiana helps to regulate bowel movements via stimulation of peristalsis and increasing fluid secretion. At a higher dose of 4 capsules a day, components in the herb activate the underlying smooth muscle cells of the large intestine, triggering muscular contractions to relieve constipation. Rheum officinale is also traditionally used to aid the relief of constipation via an increase in bile flow.
- Flatulence and intestinal spasm: Laxatone contains carminative herbs; Cinnamomum cassia and Zingiber officinale to assist in the management of non-specific dyspepsia and reduce intestinal spasm that may occur with laxative herbs. Zingiber officinale has been shown in an animal study to directly inhibit smooth muscle activity, reducing intestinal spasms.
Directions: Metagenics Laxatone
Adults: As a laxative to assist in the relief of constipation:
Take 2 capsules twice daily.
To produce more regular bowel movements:
Take 1 capsule daily.
Warnings: Metagenics Laxatone
Drink plenty of water.
Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea. If you are pregnant or breast feeding, seek the advice of a healthcare professional before taking this product. Prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems.
Use in children under 12 years is not recommended.