Ingredients in Metagenics CardioX, in healthy people, have been clinically shown or may help to:
- Maintain normal blood pressure, heart and cardiovascular health.
- Maintain healthy levels of biomarkers associated with cardiovascular health such as homocysteine.
- Contains clinically trialled levels of magnesium (Meta Mag®) & taurine.
- Chromium is a cofactor of the biochemical pathway assisting the transport of glucose into cells.
Ingredients: Metagenics CardioX
|One level scoop (8.0 g) contains:
|Magnesium amino acid chelate
|(Meta Mag® - Magnesium bisglycinate)
|Calcium amino acid chelate
|Pyridoxal 5-phosphate (Vitamin B6)
|Riboflavin sodium phosphate
|Equivalent Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
|Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
|Equivalent Folinic acid
Metagenics CardioX is free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Metagenics CardioX is free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives. Sweetened with steviol glycosides.
Clinical Benefits: Metagenics CardioX
- Studies on 600 mg magnesium and 6.0 g taurine have been shown to decrease mean blood pressure by 4.77% and 5.63% respectively after supplementation (Figure One).5,6 Taurine may assist in the maintenance of normal blood pressure in healthy people by normalisation of the increased sympathetic adrenal tone and inhibiting the stress-induced release of epinephrine from adrenal chromaffin granules.6
- In healthy people, riboflavin, folate and vitamin B12 may help support healthy homocysteine levels,7,8,9 a biomarker associated with cardiovascular health:10 A randomised placebo-controlled study in healthy women aged 18 to 40, examined the effect of low-dose folic acid administration on total plasma homocysteine concentrations. Results showed a significant change in homocysteine in just four weeks.2 Folinic acid has advantages over folic acid as it bypasses a number of steps in the conversion of folic acid to 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, the active form required for the remethylation of homocysteine to methionine.11,12
- Mechanisms for blood glucose support13 in healthy people may include the synthesis of chromodulin, by chromium, which stimulates phosphorylating cytosolic proteins. These are involved in signalling within the pancreas, thereby assisting healthy blood glucose levels.14
- Fructose free option: The Banana Berry CardioX is free from fructose and suitable for use by fructose sensitive people.
Figure One: Magnesium and Taurine Supplementation in Blood Pressure.
Directions: Metagenics CardioX
Add 1 level scoop (8.0 g) to 200 mL of water or juice, twice daily.
Warnings: Metagenics CardioX
This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 μg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact our practitioners at Newtons Pharmacy.