Herbs in Metagenics NeuroCalm have been clinically shown to or traditionally used for:
- Patients feeling anxious and tense.
- Reduce anxiety during times of stress.
- Modulate GABA and neurotransmitter pathways.
- Tension, anxiety, irritability and insomnia.
- Without impairing cognition.
- May encourage balance between glutamate and GABA.
- Contains therapeutic levels of Zizyphus, Kudzu, Magnolia and Passionflower.
Ingredients: Metagenics NeuroCalm
|Each tablet contains:
|Extracts equivalent to:
|Ziziphus jujuba var. spinosa, seed dry (Zizyphus)
|Pueraria lobata, root dry (Kudzu vine)
|Magnolia officinalis, stem bark dry (Magnolia)
|Passiflora incarnata, herb dry (Passion flower)
Metagenics NeuroCalm is free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, starches and salt. Metagenics NeuroCalm is free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Clinical Benefits: Metagenics NeuroCalm
- Passionflower, in traditional Western medicine, is used for tension, anxiety, irritability and insomnia.5 A constituent that contributes to this effect is apigenin, which has been shown to bind to central benzodiazepine receptors causing anxiolytic effects without impairing cognition.
- Zizyphus and magnolia have been shown in animal studies to modulate neurotransmitter activity via receptor site binding. Interactions have been demonstrated between these herbs and adenosine, dopamine, serotonin and GABA benzodiazepine receptors. Honokiol from magnolia has exhibited anxiolytic effects in animals via interaction with GABA-A receptors and without causing motor dysfunction or CNS suppression. Honokiol may also inhibit catecholamine secretion and enhance cholinergic function. It is via these modulating actions that ingredients in Metagenics NeuroCalm may encourage balance between the excitatory effects of glutamate and the calmative effects of GABA.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Metagenics NeuroCalm
Pregnancy: Caution – use only under medical supervision in pregnancy. Passion flower has been found to stimulate uterine contractions in an animal model. Additionally, zizyphus may have uterine-stimulating activity.
Breastfeeding: Appropriate for use.
Note: Metagenics CalmX is safe to use in pregnancy and breastfeeding and can be recommended as an alternative to NeuroCalm.
Warnings: Metagenics NeuroCalm
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact our practitioners by phne or email.