Ingredients in Metagenics CalmX have been shown to or may:
- Support a healthy stress response.1
- Assist metabolism and synthesis of some neurotransmitters including the calming neurotransmitter GABA.
- 350 mg Meta Mag® magnesium for extra replenishment during times of stress.
- Magnesium, taurine, glutamine, B vitamins, vitamnc C and zinc for stress.
Ingredients: Metagenics CalmX
|Each 11.9 g dose contains:
|Magnesium amino acid chelate (Meta Mag® - Magnesium bisglycinate)
|Calcium ascorbate dihydrate
|Equivalent Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
|Thiamine hydrochloride (Vitamin B1)
|Equivalent Riboflavin sodium phosphate
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
|Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3)
|Calcium pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
|Pyidoxal 5-phosphate monohydrate (Vitamin B6)
|Zinc amino acid chelate (Meta Zn® - Zinc bisglycinate)
Metagenics CalmX is free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Metagenics CalmX is free from artificial colours and flavours. Contains steviol glycosides.
Clinical Benefits: Metagenics CalmX
- Provides 350 mg of highly bioavailable Meta Mag® magnesium to be of benefit during stress. Magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin C and zinc are all nutrients required to be able to cope with stress effectively and may be depleted in chronic stress.4 The adrenergic effects of stress induce a shift of magnesium to the extracellular space, increasing urinary excretion and depleting body stores (Figure One).5 Magnesium deficiency adversely affects excitatory neurotransmitters such as serotonin and acetylcholine and is associated with stress.6,7
- A double-blind, placebo controlled trial using 6.0 g of taurine per day investigated its impact on stress symptoms and biochemistry. This study showed taurine to inhibit the stress-induced release of adrenaline.8 Magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin C and zinc are required to regulate the stress response as co-factors in neurotransmitter synthesis.4
- Zinc is essential in modulating the stress response.9 Zinc levels have been found to be deficient in people with generalised anxiety disorder.10 Exposure to acute stress increases serum glycocorticoids and induces metallothionein synthesis which consequently decreases serum zinc.11
Figure One: Magnesium and the Stress Response.
Directions: Metagenics CalmX
Add 2 level scoops (11.9 g) to 200 mL of water, twice daily.
Metagenics CalmX tastes great with soda water/natural mineral water (bubbles reduce sweetness). Firstly, pour a small amount of soda water/natural mineral water into a glass then add CalmX and add more soda water/natural mineral water.
Metagenics CalmX is flavoured with natural watermellon powder and nature identical pineapple nature and is sweetened with stevia.
Warnings: Metagenics CalmX
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact Newtons Pharmacy.