Organic Bupleurum root tea 70g
Bupleurum (Bupleurum Falcatum/Chinense) is an herb native to East Asia.
Bupleurum has a long traditon of uses but it is largely popuplar as a liver tonic that promotes overall health and strength. The use of Bupleurum in medicine has not been scientifically established due to limited studies conducted.
- Bupleurum has Anti-inflammatory effect. The anti-inflammatory activity of Bupleurum has its value in the treatment of diseases in the liver, kidneys, the spleen and upper respiratory organs.
- Strengthen the immune system. Bupleurum has a stimulating activity that helps the body to process steroids that is beneficial in strengthening the immune system.
- Promotes body recovery. Bupleurum is used to boost the body’s capability to recover after an illness.
- Bupleurum is used as tonic for the Nervous System. Bupleurum has a calming effect that helps the body to overcome stress. It is used to improve symptoms in depression and anxiety.
- Relieves body pain. Bupleurum helps in the management of pain associated to muscle pains and headache.
- Bupleurum is used for fever. It reduces the body temperature and thus is used in the treatment of malaria and other related diseases. It is beneficial in alleviating the feeling of sickness, vomiting, nausea and dizziness.
- Bupleurum is used for stomach problems, Bupleurum helps in management of abdominal pain and bloating. Bupleurum is used to treat Indigestion, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Health benefits for the female reproductive organs.. Bupleurum is used to improve the flow of menstruation and to alleviate menstrual cramps. It is also used in the management of (PMS) Prementrual Syndrome and as a source of progesterone for expecting mothers.
- Bupleurum has anti-allergic properties. The anti allergic properties of the Bupleurum suppresses the symptoms of allergies
- Bupleurum root extract is also used to treat gastrointestinal problems and hemorrhoids.
- Bupleurum also used to promote perspiration by aiding the body to rush blood to the surface, beneficial in clearing fever, flu and inflammation due to infection.
- Bupleurum is also used to treat brain disorders, and female reproductive problems.
- Bupleurum is also being considered and studied for its anti-cancer properties.
Science Research: Bupleurum Health Benefits:
1. Antioxidant, anticancer and apoptotic effects of the Bupleurum chinense root extract in HO-8910 ovarian cancer cells. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26537084/
2. Autophagic effects of Chaihu (dried roots of Bupleurum Chinense DC or Bupleurum scorzoneraefolium WILD). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4165614/
3. Effect of Bupleurum falcatum on the stress-induced impairment of spatial working memory in rats. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19652379/
4. Pharmacology and toxicology of Bupleurum root-containing Kampo medicines in clinical use. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16937920/