Milk of Magnesia may be contraindicated in certain medical conditions or if taking certain medicines. It is best to take Milk of Magnesia at least 2 hours apart from other supplements.
Please advise your doctor or our pharmacist prior taking Milk of Magnesia, if
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have appendicitis, stomach pain, a blockage of your bowels, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, kidney problems, rectal bleeding of unknown cause, or if you have had bowel surgery
- you are taking prescription or other medicines, particularly anticoagulants (as warfarin), or Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), bisphosphonates (eg, alendronate), cephalosporins (eg, cephalexin), mycophenolate, penicillamine, quinolone antibiotics (eg, ciprofloxacin), or tetracyclines (eg, doxycycline) because their effectiveness may be affected by simultaneous intake with Milk of Magnesia suspension.